BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Hit Counter

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My UOI Reflection

This Unit of Inquiry ( UOI ) was about " Body Works". The central idea was " The human body is designed for movement in work and play and can be affected by a variety of things". I think in this UOI, I was an inquirer because I asked a lot of questions. I also was principled because I cannot play around other wise I could get hurt. One of my favorite activities was looking at my BMI ( Body Mass Index ) activity, I think I was showing the learner profile of reflective and well-balanced. I think I showed the reflective profile because I had to reflect on why my BMI was like that. I think I showed well-balanced because it was a new and interesting thing and in the well-balanced profile it says that I like to learn a lot of different things. My second favorite activity was drawing myself. In that activity I showed I was a thinker and knowledgeable. I was a thinker because I had to think about how to make the picture look like me. I also showed I was a knowledgeable by knowing the right shapes for the body. Another of my favorites was dissecting the chicken wing. In that activity, I think I showed the characters of risk-taker and caring. I showed I was a risk-taker by taking a risk by cutting up the chicken wing which was a little bit gross. I showed caring because I had to help my partner
dissect the chicked wing. This UOI was fun and challenging. It was great.

0 comments: